• May 15Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue into post-season play.
  • May 10Prom will be held on Saturday, June 1, at the Granby Theater in Norfolk.
  • May 10Junior Ring Dance will be held on Friday, May 17, at the MOCA.

Falcon tennis starts expeditious run

courtesy of Rich Ingram
BOYS FALCON TENNIS celebrates their big win against Maury High School in Norfolk.. Each player won their individual matches.

The Falcon boys tennis team has kicked off their season with a bang with thus far, boasting a 9-0 record. The team is led by Junior Captain Lucca Gandolfo, other key players include Neil Vanga, Sam Dixon, and Matt Baan. 

The teams first few games were CHS dominated as they played Maury, Bayside, and Ocean Lakes. But, their game against Knights of Kellam came down to the wire. The Falcons brought home the win in the end with a final score of 5-4. Since then, the boys have consecutively beat all other opponents.

Along with a winning season, the team is led by new Head Coach and PE teacher Rich Ingram and has been integral in the team’s success so far.

“It’s exciting to be coaching this group, everyone is extremely talented and spirited. I’m sure we’ll be successful over these upcoming years,” Ingram said.

The team has high hopes for the season and the future of the program.

“The team has a bright future, I’m confident we’ll win a state title this year,” junior Lucca Gandolfo said.

The Falcon boys tennis team will continue their season at Landstown High School on Monday, May 6, where they hope to keep their undefeated record.