Falcon Basketball made regional playoffs before ending season

Carter Rodriguez
SENIOR COMBO GUARD Sean Barclift completes his pregame ritual with junior Shooting Guard Hayden German. Barclift and German have good chemistry on the court which leads to points on the board.

Falcon Varsity Boys Basketball recently ended a winning season with a final record of 15-8 and a region record of 11-6.  The team was ranked 5th in the Beach District.

“We had a well-rounded season ending with a strong record and an unfortunate playoff loss,” Head Coach Bobby Wolfe said.

The Falcons started their season slow with a record of 2-2 before a blow out game against the Knights of Kellam High School, winning by 25 points, and going 3-0 on the season against their rivals, the First Colonial Patriots.

Before their elimination round defeat, the Falcons took home a 55-45 win over the 6th ranked Kellam Knights in the regional quarterfinals to end the Knights’ playoff run and advance themselves to the regional semifinals, where they faced the 2nd ranked Chiefs and maintained a tight score throughout the entire game until slightly falling short in the fourth quarter ending in an 11 point loss for the Falcons to finish the season.

Although the season ended earlier than anticipated, the team made one of their first and only appearances in the regional tournament but sadly fell short of a chance at a state title.

“I think this season was a success and helped out the school because we were the second team in Cox High School history to win a playoff game but were just getting started, next season, I expect a state championship,” junior Hayden German said.