• April 26Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue their seasons.
  • April 25Seniors: graduation necessities will be delivered to school, or order through jostens.com.
  • April 20Congrats to Orchestra students who earned accolades in Orlando; 1st place Orchestra award and weekend Grand Champion.
  • April 16Spring spirit week and the spring pep rally will be held the week of April 22.

Boys basketball looks to start season strong

The Falcon varsity boys’ basketball team seeks to improve its previous record of 14-8 and claim a regional championship this season. Even after losing key seniors last year, the Falcons are confident in their abilities to make a run in the regional tournament this year.

The projected starting five for the winter season consists of junior Raymond Watkins and seniors Sean Barclift, Tyler Hines, Parker Wight, and Ben Nacey.

The Falcons started their season with a scrimmage at Atlee High School in Richmond, VA, where they lost but saw potential in their game.

Junior Hayden German is optimistic about the season and has high expectations for the team this year.

“I think we could be a top three seed this year and win the regional finals,” German said.

With a first-game win, 63-60, against the Cavaliers of Princess Anne High School, they hope to continue their success in future games.