Falcons football cool down the Salem Sundevils

What Happened: The initial game was rescheduled due to inclement weather last Friday, so the Falcons and the Sundevils played their game on Tuesday, September 26, under the lights on their home field.  The “Nest” brought home the win in a nailbiter game that ended 17-14.

Key Player: Freshman running back Tyre Jefferies would have have to be considered the game’s most valuable player. Jeffries ran 112 yards, had 21 carries, as well as a touchdown.

Quote: “We were so successful because we are bonded as a team. The offensive line stayed focused and quarterback Gage Trefry was locked in,” Jeffries said. “That’s what led us to success.”

Key moment: Senior Gage Trefry threw a game-winning touchdown in the last quarter that was caught by junior wide receiver Carter Rodriguez. The defense then forced a three and out, while the offense was able to run out the clock to secure the victory for the Falcons.

Up Next: The Falcons will face Lions of  Tallwood in an away game on Monday, October 2, at 7 p.m.