Falcon golfers chase regional and state titles

The golf team has not won a state championship since 2007 and looks to bring the gold back to the “Nest”.

The Falcon Boys Golf program continues its winning streak this season with an undefeated record of 14-0. While the team has generally stayed consistent over the years in regard to wins and losses, Head Coach Bill Stachelski and his superstar team are leaving this season on the course.  

The team, consisting of guys and girls, does not have an actual home course at the school, so matches are played at various courses around Virginia Beach such as VB National, Red Wing, Stumpy Lake, and Kempsville Greens. 

A few of the team’s leaders include senior Katie Sager, who continues to lead her class in match average; while junior Paul Arthur Roth leads his class with a match average of 73.

Overall, The team’s confidence is seemingly through the roof as they’re on track for an undefeated season.

“The goal is to win the region and contend for the state title,” sophomore Barrett Pendergast said. 

In their most recent match against the Dolphins of Ocean Lake, Falcon juniors Christian Fletcher and Easton Hamrick both shot an impressive 74 to take home another win for the school, beating Ocean Lakes 357-307, securing their spot in the Regionals Tournament.

The Falcons will head off to the Regionals tournament on Monday, September 25.