Virginia Sports Hall of Fame names Emma Haupt Student-Athlete of the Year

STUDENT-ATHLETE ACHIEVEMENT award finalists at the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame in Portsmouth.
[email protected]

The Virginia Sports Hall of Fame & Museum recently held their 10th Annual Student-Athlete Achievement Awards Banquet where some of the state’s best student-athletes were recognized for not only academic and athletic achievements, but also involvement in the surrounding community.

At the high school level, student-athletes were nominated by coaches and administrators and chosen by a selection committee comprised of Hall of Fame inductees and board members. Of the 15 finalists, four students were awarded Student-Athlete of the Year awards including the school’s own senior field hockey and soccer player Emma Haupt.

Haupt currently holds a 4.14 GPA and so far this year has led the Falcon Field Hockey team to a 6A State Conference title, was named Coastal Conference Player of the Year, First Team All Coastal Conference, and First Team All Tidewater.

As a junior, Haupt was named to First Team All-State, Region, and Conference for field hockey and the All Beach District Tournament Soccer Team.

Haupt is also a member of several honor societies and various clubs within the school. In her “free time,” she also volunteers for Operation Smile, TOPS Soccer and the People in Need Ministry.

Haupt committed to the University of Virginia for field hockey last week.