Running into post-season

Alexa Marshall
IN LAST WEEK’S conference meet, freshman Sam Dixon and sophomores Daniel Elfet and Henry Bell push their limits.

Heavy legs and heavy hearts end the cross country boys and girl teams’  regular season. While the teams compete as one during the regular season, they compete individually when conference, regional, and state meets arise. The teams both had impressive regular season results but only a few runners advanced.

Runners from both teams who advanced competed in last week’s Conference meet. Falcon girls who ran finished second and the boys who competed came in fourth place.

Junior Marie Kraemer has run Cross Country for two years for the Falcons and is excited to see how much better the teams are next season.

“Our team is young and is only going to get better, some of our best runners are only freshmen,” Kraemer said, freshman Morgan McKinley has been an inspiration to the rest of the team despite the fact that this is her first year running for the school.”

Coach Doan has been the Cross Country coach for decades and know exceptional running when he sees it.

” The cross country teams’ motto this year, ‘Doan give up,’ is more than just a goofy line. The motto reminds each runner that the hard work put in each day, must be the driving force to persevere. We strive to get better and to succeed, neither of which could be done without, the one and only, Coach Doan,” senior Zhenja Lourenco