• September 22SCA General Assembly applications are due Monday, October 6, to room 103.

• September 22Leadership Workshop STAFF applications can be picked up outside of room 103.

• September 22The first National English Honor Society meeting is Tuesday, Sept. 26, in the library after school.

• September 22Jostens will be outside the cafe beginning Monday, Sept. 25, - Wednesday, Sept. 27 for graduation and class ring orders.

Filed under Featured Sports, Sports

Spring sports successes

staff
JUNIOR KELSEY LIPSCOMB scoping the field before a throw in.

The Falcons sports programs have taken off this spring season thus far. The amazing coaches, talented student athletes, and helpful training staff have allowed for numerous state titles to be in vision.

The Falcon’s girls and boys soccer team both have a record over five hundred. The girls are 7-5-1 and the boys 8-2-3. The female Falcons are looking to reach the state title game once again and to come home with some 1st place hardware. It seems as the boys team is returning to the programs early millennial teams who won multiple state titles. Both teams are hopeful of making a deep run in the off season. 

Senior captain Charlie Prince has been a big presence on the field to help drive this winning team.

“Our team has plenty of talent and we put forth plenty of effort. However, being a senior captain gives me the opportunity to offer my experience and composure to the team. I try to be a role model for the younger players,” Prince said.

The Falcon Boys Lacrosse club has been undefeated in their league this season with only two losses overall. The team’s explosive offense has contributed to their high scoring blowouts.

Senior captain Chris O’Brien looks to repeat as a state champion and hopes to bring this intensity and game plan to the postseason.

“It would be great to win states for the second straight year which was our goal to at the start of the season,” O’Brien said.

Falcons Varsity Baseball holds an overall record of 13-4 thus far. The group of seniors including Peyton Porter, Austin Cabone, Andrew Teixiera, Alex Hudgins, and Hogan Brown have shined on the field. This team is a serious contender for states.

Senior Captain Andrew Teixeira reflects what winning states would mean to him and the team.

“Holy Smokes that would be live! All the work we’ve put in in the last four years would finally pay off! Something tangible like a state ring would mean so much to our coaches and team. We have have worked so hard #falconboys,” Teixeira said.