Philly Cold Cuts Food Review

Philly Cold Cuts is known for its melt-in-your-mouth sandwiches, as well as its traditional dining environment. Their hours of operation are 11 a.m.- 7 p.m. Monday- Saturday, so there is plenty of time to check them out for lunch or dinner.

Philly Cold Cuts is a local family-owned restaurant with two locations both in Virginia Beach. One location is more local to the CHS community as it is on Great Neck Road. The other location is on Nimmo Parkway which is about 20 minutes away.

All sandwiches are offered in three different styles: traditional, Hoagie-style, and Pizza-style. But, the staple of the Philly Cold Cuts menu is their cheesesteak which is topped with grilled onions and American cheese. It’s also possible to add bacon, mushrooms, or extra meat to your cheesesteak if wanted.

We ordered the cheesesteak with just the steak and cheese and it was a great meal especially if for someone who is hungry. Our sandwiches came out extremely hot and fresh and seemed to warm our bodies with every bite. The warm bread and melted cheese with the steak is a classic combo that Philly Cold Cuts dominates the rest of the competition.

Other menu items include their hoagies, sandwiches, burgers, and crispy french fries. The crispy french fries were a delicious addition to the cheesesteaks we ordered. They aren’t the traditional fries, as they are more of a wedge with an intriguing crunch to them. For our perfect bite, we put the fries on the cheesesteak, which was an exuberance of taste buds. In our opinion, the cheesesteak is better with the crispy wedges on it as it adds more of a crunch.

Some lesser-known, but still excellent items on their menu include cheese fries, cheesecake, carrot cake, Reuben classic, ham and turkey sandwiches, and salads. Philly prides themselves on being known for its cheesesteaks, but they have menu items that will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.

Overall, the less modern atmosphere of the restaurant adds to the likeability. The restaurant has an open grill in the back and serves your food in a classic bin both adding to the traditional atmosphere. The customer service was easily the best we have had all year throughout our reviews. The cashier was welcoming and gave off the impression of a family-owned business the way the staff was so tight-knit. Definitely would recommend it to anyone who is craving a good old classic Philly Cheesesteak and someone who wants to leave with a smile and a full belly.