Famous Uncle Al’s hotdogs remains local “gem”

“Famous Uncle Al’s Hotdogs” is not only a local eatery, but also a household name along Shore Drive that offers American “classics” at an affordable price. Uncle Al’s has been a staple since 1985 and remains a favorite because of its casual environment and consistently great food.

Anyone looking to frequent this eatery though must make it a priority, as their hours are limited to 10:30 AM-5 PM Monday through Saturday and 11 AM-5 PM on Sundays.

Uncle Al’s menu consists of good ‘old-fashioned classics such as hotdogs, hamburgers, french fries, mozzarella sticks, and much more. As the name suggests, hotdogs and hamburgers are the specialty items and come with whatever a hungry heart desires, such as bacon, cheese, chili, relish, and/or all of the fixings. Another addition to the menu is Uncle Al’s special “secret sauce” which is also offered on the side or added to any meal.

Some of the lesser-known items on the menu would have to be the ‘Mac Bites’ and the ‘Garbage’ Burger. Mac Bites are simply tater tots with mac and cheese inside and are often ordered as an appetizer, but the combination of the two flavors can leave one drooling over their plate.  For anyone who enjoys eating “big”, the Garbage Burger is the way to go; it consists of a hamburger and fried chicken inside of a bun and includes lettuce, tomato, onions, and ketchup.

The restaurant itself gives a comfortable vibe; with a bar and several tables. Behind the bar is an open grill where anyone can see Uncle Al’s chefs’ creations. The staff is friendly and attentive; and and their staff ‘knocks it out of the park’.