• February 20Varsity girls soccer has a scrimmage versus First Colonial @ First Colonial at 4 p.m.

• February 20'Buddies Helping Buddies' workshop will be held here at Cox on Saturday, March 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

• February 20Applications for Class and SCA officers are available outside of room 103 and are due Monday March 4th.

• February 20The annual fashion show,“Canvas to Clothing”, will be held on Thursday, Feb. 28, at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium.

Filed under Uncategorized

Justice Scalia death raises issues

JUSTICE SCALIA PASSED away in his ranch in Western Texas on February 13.

Courtesy of WikiMedia

Longtime Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was found dead in his house last week in Marfa, Texas. Scalia’s doctors said he had a history of heart issues and high blood pressure.

According to APMobile.com, investigators said there were no signs of foul play.

Due to Scalia’s death, President Obama must fulfill his duty of nominating a new justice to fill the vacant judiciary spot.

However, APMobile.com stated that speculations have been made that President Obama will use the opportunity to nominate a liberal justice to take the place of conservative Justice Scalia.

In the wake of former Gov. Bob McDonald’s case, set to be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court sometime this summer, some say that the potential for a new liberal on the Supreme Court will not rule in his favor. If McDonald is found guilty by the Supreme Court, he could serve up to two years in federal prison, according to WTVR.com.