Fashion Marketing department introduces “Fashion Flip”

FASHION+MARKETING+PLANS+a+Thrift+Flip+in+order+to+raise+money+for+their+New+York+City+trip%2C+which+is+in+March.+Students+have+been+curating+and+perfectly+selecting+the+items+that+will+be+at+the+event+on+Saturday%2C+Nov+18.+
    Christine Powers
    FASHION MARKETING PLANS a “Thrift Flip” in order to raise money for their New York City trip, which is in March. Students have been curating and perfectly selecting the items that will be at the event on Saturday, Nov 18.

Need more clothes or need to get rid of some?

The CHS Advanced Fashion Marketing department is putting on their first ever “Fashion Flip event”, meaning that the class is putting their own spin on a pop-up thrift store this fall in order to help raise money for their upcoming spring New York trip and future DECA competitions. The event is going to be an opportunity for all students to donate some gently used clothing, which will help cut down on the burden of fashion waste, while also helping out CHS and showing school pride. 

The pop-up will be held in the CHS cafeteria on Saturday, November 18, from 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. This fun fashion event won’t just be limited to pre-loved items though, as raffles will also be held throughout the event, along with a chance to shop from some favorite local vendors. All pre-loved items being sold will be $2, making it not only fun, but affordable. 

The Fashion department decided on this particular event due to the overconsumption and because waste is a large and plaguing issue in the world right now; it’s not only an issue on a global level but even locally. By donating slightly used clothes, it’s giving clothes a new home and a new life which can minimize the purchasing of new fast fashion items. 

Mrs. Bolling and the Fashion Marketing department is still in need of clothes and accessories, so all gently used items are still accepted. Items will be accepted until Wednesday, November 1, in room 116. 

“We are very excited about our first annual Fashion Flip event and we hope it encourages sustainable fashion. We are looking forward to partnering with PTSA with the event too,” Bolling said.