School year starts, students share their thoughts

This school year is in full swing and per usual, each year, especially for high school students differs tremendously. From freshman to senior year, expectations and stress levels are elevated as students continue their educational journey.

With each school year, every student experiences new priorities based on their grade level. This week we interviewed one student from each graduating class to talk about their year so far. Such as, freshman Ian Zion, sophomore Bella Welsh, junior Niko Charles, and lastly senior Rachel Holroyd. 

Some of the questions asked of students in each grade level include the following:

Q: What is your main goal for your freshman year and how do you feel you are keeping up with your course load? 

A: “To start off the year strong and maintain good grades. I think I am doing well with my classes so far and hope to keep good grades,” Zion said.

Q: Do you think your courses are more advanced compared to last year?

A: “Yes, because I’m more focused on my GPA this year and am taking more AP classes.” said Welsh.

Q: Who or what is your biggest motivator in school?

A: “College, I keep up with my grades because it is my main goal.” said Charles.

Q: How is your senior year going while applying to colleges?

A: “It’s really stressful,yet still feeling productive applying to college while in school, but it will be rewarding in the end.” said Holroyd.