• June 6Seniors: mandatory grad practice at 10:35 a.m. at the VBCC on Monday, June10.
  • June 5Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue into post-season play.
  • June 5Seniors: mandatory graduation meeting held at the school on Tuesday, June 11, at noon.
  • May 29Graduation will take place on June 14, at 1 p.m., at the Virginia Beach Convention Center.
  • April 9Monday, April 15, is a staff day; no school for students.
  • April 8Good Luck to all spring sports teams as they continue regular season play.
  • February 20Leadership Workshop will begin Friday, March 22 - Sunday, March 24, at Silver Beach on the Eastern Shore.
  • February 20The annual Falcon Forum conference will take place the week of March 18- March 22.
  • November 29Orchestra's winter concert will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 19, featuring a guest artist from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
  • November 29Underclass course/elective selection: come to the gym during One Lunch during the week of Monday, Dec. 11- Friday, Dec. 15.

Humans of Cox: March 2024 Edition

As a tribute to the social media blog “Humans of NY”, the Falcon Press staff decided to create a spin-off entitled, “Humans of CHS”. Staff members will roam the hall each month until they find a “human” with an inspirational bit of advice, unusual story to tell, or who simply wants to chat about life.

“Swimming has brought me so much joy throughout my life. My love for the sport began when I started swimming competitively at six years old. The swim team has introduced me to some of my best friends that I have bonded with through long practices filled with dives, flip turns, long kick sets, and finishes to the wall, which have made me who I am today. I can’t thank my coaches and parents enough for encouraging me to do my best and hyping me up even after a bad race. My biggest accomplishment while on the Cox Varsity Swim Team has been being a 2-time MVP and having the opportunity to be a 4-time State Finalist. At Championship Meets, I like to sit back, take a breath, and soak in the moment. Being in States is an unforgettable experience. Each year, the team looks a little bit different, but we always work hard and cheer each other on. 

In my senior season, I became a captain alongside one of my best friends, Lexi Bradshaw, and we were able to work together and organize fun things for the girls’ team such as sister bags and an end-of-season girls’ dinner. Coach Sarah and Coach Jeff have been amazing mentors throughout the years, and I am so grateful for this program I got to be a part of because it was filled with fun, sore muscles, and lots of pasta! My never-ending love for swimming has led me to become a lifeguard because I love the atmosphere at the pool, and I could see myself coaching or teaching kids how to swim in the future. 

In addition to being on the Varsity Swim Team, I have been on the Varsity Softball Team all four years of high school. Being a two-sport athlete has allowed me the opportunity to make new friends and learn to work well with others. In my time at Cox, I have become the Crew Chief of the Cox Announcements, and been a part of the National Honor Society, Jazz Band, Wind Ensemble, DECA, and the Yearbook Staff. Being involved in all of these clubs has helped me to gain leadership skills and become a well-rounded individual. I will be attending Virginia Wesleyan University in the fall, and I can’t wait to spend the next four years there.”

~ senior Bailey Gray