• April 26Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue their seasons.
  • April 25Seniors: graduation necessities will be delivered to school, or order through jostens.com.
  • April 20Congrats to Orchestra students who earned accolades in Orlando; 1st place Orchestra award and weekend Grand Champion.
  • April 16Spring spirit week and the spring pep rally will be held the week of April 22.

Humans of Cox: March 2024 Edition

As a tribute to the social media blog “Humans of NY”, the Falcon Press staff decided to create a spin-off entitled, “Humans of CHS”. Staff members will roam the hall each month until they find a “human” with an inspirational bit of advice, unusual story to tell, or who simply wants to chat about life.

“Swimming has brought me so much joy throughout my life. My love for the sport began when I started swimming competitively at six years old. The swim team has introduced me to some of my best friends that I have bonded with through long practices filled with dives, flip turns, long kick sets, and finishes to the wall, which have made me who I am today. I can’t thank my coaches and parents enough for encouraging me to do my best and hyping me up even after a bad race. My biggest accomplishment while on the Cox Varsity Swim Team has been being a 2-time MVP and having the opportunity to be a 4-time State Finalist. At Championship Meets, I like to sit back, take a breath, and soak in the moment. Being in States is an unforgettable experience. Each year, the team looks a little bit different, but we always work hard and cheer each other on. 

In my senior season, I became a captain alongside one of my best friends, Lexi Bradshaw, and we were able to work together and organize fun things for the girls’ team such as sister bags and an end-of-season girls’ dinner. Coach Sarah and Coach Jeff have been amazing mentors throughout the years, and I am so grateful for this program I got to be a part of because it was filled with fun, sore muscles, and lots of pasta! My never-ending love for swimming has led me to become a lifeguard because I love the atmosphere at the pool, and I could see myself coaching or teaching kids how to swim in the future. 

In addition to being on the Varsity Swim Team, I have been on the Varsity Softball Team all four years of high school. Being a two-sport athlete has allowed me the opportunity to make new friends and learn to work well with others. In my time at Cox, I have become the Crew Chief of the Cox Announcements, and been a part of the National Honor Society, Jazz Band, Wind Ensemble, DECA, and the Yearbook Staff. Being involved in all of these clubs has helped me to gain leadership skills and become a well-rounded individual. I will be attending Virginia Wesleyan University in the fall, and I can’t wait to spend the next four years there.”

~ senior Bailey Gray