Bahamas baseball equipment donation provides for less fortunate

Falcon Varsity Baseball teamed up with Assistant Principal Mrs. Szoke and the Exuma Junior Baseball League in the Bahamas to donate new and used baseball equipment.

The Exuma Junior Baseball League is a small baseball group that ranges in age from elementary to high school aged players.

The opportunity to receive much needed supplies is a “win” for the kids as they are able to access equipment that, otherwise would be too costly for the league and their families.

Szoke traveled to the Bahamas last year, looking forward to a fun vacation with her family. While she was on vacation, her boat captain just happened to be the owner of the baseball league, and that is where it all started. She thought this was an excellent opportunity to donate and contacted Head Baseball Coach Ittner to put something together to assist these players.

“The benefit of traveling is to see how fortunate we are and how we can help one another,” Szoke said. “The goal is to help kids all around the world achieve dreams and enable them to feel special.”

The donated equipment totaled around three hundred items, ranging from bats to helmets and clothing. The Exuma Baseball team shared their enthusiasm, thankful to all who helped the cause.