• April 26Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue their seasons.
  • April 25Seniors: graduation necessities will be delivered to school, or order through jostens.com.
  • April 20Congrats to Orchestra students who earned accolades in Orlando; 1st place Orchestra award and weekend Grand Champion.
  • April 16Spring spirit week and the spring pep rally will be held the week of April 22.

Humans of Cox: February 2024 edition

As a tribute to the social media blog “Humans of NY”, the Falcon Press staff decided to create a spin-off entitled, “Humans of CHS”. Staff members will roam the hall each month until they find a “human” with an inspirational bit of advice, unusual story to tell, or who simply wants to chat about life.

Playing on the Cox basketball team for the last four years has been an amazing experience. I’ve been able to play with a bunch of amazing players and have made great relationships with them. Playing under Coach Wolfe has led me to develop many skills on the court, as well as learning to become a leader. I used to come to many Cox basketball games when I was younger and watch the team battle every night for the “W”. This is when I knew I wanted to play here at Cox under Coach Wolfe.”

Throughout my time here, I’ve had to battle through much adversity. Playing through the pandemic during my freshman and sophomore years was a challenging task. We had many of our guys get sick and had lots of our games canceled. I was fortunate in my junior year; we had a successful year and had a full regular season. After losing in the playoffs last year, as a team, we were  disappointed. We worked so hard for it to end like that. This has fueled me and my teammates to keep working every day to get better. With all of our hard work, we’ve had a successful start to this season. We all hope to bring home the regional championship and have a successful run towards the state title. After my time here at Cox, I plan to continue my basketball career at the collegiate level level.” 

~senior Ben Nacey