Humans Of CHS: November 2023 edition

As a tribute to the social media blog “Humans of NY”, the Falcon Press staff decided to create a spin-off entitled, “Humans of CHS”. Staff members will roam the hall each month until they find a “human” with an inspirational bit of advice, unusual story to tell, or who simply wants to chat about life.

“High school football prepared me for college by teaching me valuable skills both on and off the field that I will carry with me. When I came to CHS as a ninth grader, I didn’t have the best technique on the field and I didn’t have much football IQ. But, my skill set and game knowledge has grown tremendously due to my coaches’ and teammates’ knowledge of the game. I believe that every year I have improved; I’ve worked my butt off with my teammates to become better one day at a time.  I would like to thank my coaches and teammates for pushing me throughout the years, not only pushing me to to become stronger and smarter, but for encouraging and motivating me throughout the process. I feel ready to move to the next level of play when I leave to play football at Virginia Tech in January.” ~senior Gerard Johnson