Letters to the Editor- Vaping in school: a rising threat on student health

Dear Editor,

I agree that vaping is a huge problem in our school systems. Vaping is a problem because it is dangerous for our bodies and very addicting. The fact that three million kids have been caught with vapes is scary. I think it will be hard to stop the epidemic but a good start is installing vapor detectors in bathrooms. All in all, vaping is a major problem and needs to be stopped.

Dylan K. ~senior

Dear Editor,

Vaping is a large issue affecting students worldwide. I do agree that this issue is continuing and is very harmful. This is important because vaping has alarming long-term effects that need to be stopped. Considering it is a very addictive substance and students are bringing it to school, something needs to happen. That being said, three million students have been caught and that number is only growing, even with expulsions and suspensions in place. With these high numbers and these devices being so addictive, I don’t think the point will come across. I believe all we can do is continue to enforce these consequences and just hope students will make better choices. Vaping is very harmful and will continue to affect young students and their lungs.

Sara B. ~senior

Dear Editor,

I agree with the argument that vaping is a rising issue that needs to get under control. Vaping is causing severe damage to teens; as stated in the editorial, vaping can cause brain damage, lung damage, or to be more specific, Popcorn Lung. My opinion is that there should be someone monitoring the bathrooms. Sadly, this won’t prevent the issue completely, but it would make the issue smaller. Vaping is a danger that is killing the younger generation.

Grace N. ~senior

Dear Editor,

I would like to agree and disagree with your claim about teenage vaping and vaping in school. In the text you discuss, teenagers feeding an addiction, 3 million students caught vaping, and nicotine controlling mood, attention, and the brain. I think that present-day students are only doing it to look “cool” or for popularity. I think that there is only a small number that has an actual nicotine addiction. I also believe that there are little to no teens that have seen symptoms of Popcorn Lung or cancer. Although, vaping still is a problem with teenagers and in high schools, but due to the convenience of vapes, there isn’t a lot that schools can do. I believe that vaping is just a trend in high school and will hopefully resolve itself in the end.

Christian D.~senior