Pep rally, one-lunch: not an ordinary day

The annual Spring pep rally was held on Wed., April 11, on the stadium field, where spring sports were recognized, as well as college decisions for seniors.

SCA students once again organized the pep rally, offering a dance-off competition between teachers and students from different grade levels, a Q & A session that included green slime, a step-team performance, and several inclusive games for students.

The pep rally ended with PE teacher Mr. Di Nardo and his rendition of the “I Am” speech, which always brings the crowd to their feet.

SCA member Megan Brunick helped plan this year’s pep rally.

“I think our pep rallies this year have been some of the best this school has ever seen thanks to the SCA president and advisors. They did awesome developing such creative ideas. I’m so happy that the entire school got to participate in our last major event of the school year. There was so much spirit in the air. My favorite part was watching the teachers get slimed and seeing Mrs. Rhea in the dance-off. It is so amazing to see all the seniors in different college shirts because we have worked so hard the past four years and it culminated in an amazing pep rally dedicated to the Class of 2018,” Brunick said.

Continuing with the adjusted schedule, there was a “one-lunch” after third block, giving students without a 4th block class the opportunity to leave for the day.

Senior Lily Roark enjoyed her last high school pep rally.

“It was a cold day, but I thought the relay race was really exciting! The race was the best part. I also enjoyed the senior college recognition,” Roark said.

https://falconpressnews.org/?p=20638&preview=true