Falcon Forum presents…

Staff
SENIOR MICHAEL LOGAN-Alexander read his love poem at this morning’s Poetry Slam.

SCA students, PTSA members, and the school’s faculty and staff all pitched in to organize the 2nd annual Falcon Forum entitled ‘Explore. Dream. Discover’, held this week Monday, March 19 -Friday, March 23.

Falcon Forum consists of seven to eight guest speakers each day who range in topic from the sciences, health, art & movies, etc. The speakers are meant to be highly motivational, mostly focusing on and discussing their own personal stories and setbacks.  The goal is to show students, rather than simply tell them, that it does take dedication and perseverance to lead a successful and fulfilling life.

The weeklong event will end on Friday with nationally recognized keynote speaker Keith Hawkins, who will present “Give what you Need,” to student leaders across the city. Hawkins is credited as someone who turned his circumstances and challenges in life into opportunity and currently presents, facilitates, and organizes youth activities around the country. Hawkins has also spoken at the United Nations Global Summit on behalf of America’s youth.

Although all students are invited to see Hawkins presentation on Friday morning, the actual Leadership Forum will be held that same day during 3rd block where student leaders from across the city will not only learn the importance of becoming a leader, but will stress the importance of possessing these particular leadership qualities.