• April 26Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue their seasons.
  • April 25Seniors: graduation necessities will be delivered to school, or order through jostens.com.
  • April 20Congrats to Orchestra students who earned accolades in Orlando; 1st place Orchestra award and weekend Grand Champion.
  • April 16Spring spirit week and the spring pep rally will be held the week of April 22.

CHS Operation Smile club sends senior student on mission trip

Operation Smile is a nonprofit medical service organization that treats patients with cleft conditions all over the world. The organization sends student teams throughout the years to various countries to assist with surgeries and fundraise as well as collect donations for essentials that they need.

Senior Emily Tromly plans to leave for a 10-day trip to Morocco on Friday, January 5. While there, she will teach them how to brush their teeth correctly, eat healthier foods, and concentrate on a healthier diet overall.

“It’s going to be a life-changing experience because I get to see first-hand how less fortunate people live,” Tromly said.

With the help of fellow students, she has been able to collect lots of donations to put a smile on the children’s faces. The organization’s goal for this program is 80 smiles.

Tromly returned from her trip on Sunday, January 14.

“This was an eye-opening, life-changing experience,” Tromly said. “I am so blessed to have been able to have this opportunity and to see the cleft lip and palate surgeries.”