“Toys for Tots” holiday drive provides for children in need this holiday season

CHS+FITNESS+CLUB+helps+Toys+For+Tots+collect+toys+for+the+holidays.+Some+toys+donated+included+board+games+like+Heads+Up+and+Monopoly+and+toys+like+My+Little+Pony+and+race+cars.+
Samantha Radford
CHS FITNESS CLUB helps Toys For Tots collect toys for the holidays. Some toys donated included board games like Heads Up and Monopoly and toys like My Little Pony and race cars.

In conjunction with the annual Toys for Tots charitable program, CHS Key Club will help Fitness Club collect holiday donations for less fortunate children throughout the country.

Toys for Tots, run by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, is a 70-year national charitable program that provides a sense of joy and hope to children in need during the holiday season through these gifts.

Each year, the Marine Corps strives to fulfill “holiday hopes” and dreams of an average of 7 million less fortunate children in nearly 800 communities worldwide.

“This is an important time of the year for families so I was enthusiastic to get involved to help out the community,” Fitness Club Sponsor Mr. Horwitz said. “I’ve done the toy drive for probably five or six years after someone in my department passed it on to me after his retirement. ”

Donations must be unwrapped and can include: a new toy, books, or other gifts. These donations will be collected and distributed by both Marines and volunteers to provide recognition, confidence, and a positive memory to last “a lifetime.”

Toy Collection Dates began mid-November and will run through Friday, December 15. The deadline for donations is Thursday, December 14. Donations boxes have been placed around the school outside of Rooms 225 and 227, as well as the main office, and outside the library.