Coffee shop offers rotating flavors, seasonal twists

Coffee Shop and all that it offers to every student, faculty, and staff member, is now more of a tradition at CHS; offering everyone affordable, now healthier options, for a great start to their morning. The program also offers Special Education students a chance to gain work experience while learning financial and customer service skills. The employees have become productive, friendly, and responsible through their learning.

Menu items include breakfast, along with a variety of snacks and/or drinks. Some of the more popular treats are cookies, pretzels, and lemonade, but aptly named, one of the most popular items is their seasonal Iced Coffee.

“We love to [rotate our menu] to give students a taste of each season and showcase what our students can do” Coffee Shop sponsor Mr. Harrington said.

Like other coffee shops both in and out of school, the menu changes based on the season. Past options have included Pumpkin Spice during the fall and green mint for St. Patrick’s Day. This year, as the holidays quickly approach and with the help of its employees, the Coffee Shop just released a promotional video to announce its newest flavor for the winter season; Peppermint Mocha. This new product is made with sweetened iced coffee and is topped with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.