• June 6Seniors: mandatory grad practice at 10:35 a.m. at the VBCC on Monday, June10.
  • June 5Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue into post-season play.
  • June 5Seniors: mandatory graduation meeting held at the school on Tuesday, June 11, at noon.
  • May 29Graduation will take place on June 14, at 1 p.m., at the Virginia Beach Convention Center.
  • April 9Monday, April 15, is a staff day; no school for students.
  • April 8Good Luck to all spring sports teams as they continue regular season play.
  • February 20Leadership Workshop will begin Friday, March 22 - Sunday, March 24, at Silver Beach on the Eastern Shore.
  • February 20The annual Falcon Forum conference will take place the week of March 18- March 22.
  • November 29Orchestra's winter concert will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 19, featuring a guest artist from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
  • November 29Underclass course/elective selection: come to the gym during One Lunch during the week of Monday, Dec. 11- Friday, Dec. 15.

May´s Spotify Playlist brings laid back tunes, formal season

May has come, and with it, a brand new Spotify playlist that captures all of the emotion and beauty that comes with the beautiful Spring weather, blooming flowers, days at the beach, and most importantly the school year coming to a close.

One of the most exciting times of each school year for juniors and seniors arrives as the month of May rolls in, marking the start of Ring Dance, Prom, graduation season, and the end of Spring sports. From Prom to AP exams the month of May is typically a stressful one for juniors and seniors, however the press has created the ultimate playlist to help keep your head on a swivel throughout this busy month.

Iconic laid back classics such as  “Johnny Was” by Bob Marley, “Ventura Highway” by America, “D’yer Mak’er” by Led Zeppelin, “Ex-Factor” by Lauryn Hill, and “Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover” by Sophie B. Hawkins can be found on the playlist along with new age classics like “To Be Hunted” by Childish Gambino, “Disciples” by Tame Impala, “May 1st” by Beach Fossils, and “I Left My Wallet In El Segundo” by A Tribe Called Quest.

To access the playlist, scan the code using the Spotify mobile app. All previous playlists can be found on the press’s Spotify account, which can also be accessed through the code.