It’s never too late: Stringfield inspires motivation

FITNESS TRAINER ANTHONY Stringfield recently offered students and staff words of motivation.

Bayli Cook

Former semi-professional football player Anthony “String” Stringfield recently spoke to a group of the school’s freshmen in hopes of motivating them through the homestretch of the year and beyond.

Stringfield, who owns 1STRING Sports Training Center in Virginia Beach, trains high school athletes such as senior basketball player Greg Hahn, junior Critt Johnson, and sophomore Cole Johnson.

World History teacher David Hahn, whose son trains with Stringfield, knew how strong Stringfield’s motivational influence is to teens and asked him to speak to students at the school.  Stringfield agreed.

Stringfield chose to share personal experiences with students, emphasizing respect and determination. When he felt as though he was losing his audience, he encouraged students to respond verbally by repeating after him.

“Pay attention. Pay attention,” Stringfield said

Students would respond to Stringfield by putting one hand over one ear to ensure that what Stringfield said, “didn’t go in one ear and out the other.”

He left the students with what, according to Stringfield, was the most powerful quote from his speech:

“I will commit myself to excellence.”

For more information on Anthony Stringfield, please visit www.1stringsportstraining.com