Spring fashion brighten school days, warmer weather approaches

SPRING+FASHION+FILLS+the+Falcon+hallways+as+students+eagerly+await+warmer+weather+and+the++fun+styles+debuted+by+students.+Junior+Grace+Lindauer++was+seen+wearing+the+color+of+the+year+Peach+Fuzz%2C+on+a+ruffled+blouse.+
Christine Powers
SPRING FASHION FILLS the Falcon hallways as students eagerly await warmer weather and the fun styles debuted by students. Junior Grace Lindauer was seen wearing the color of the year “Peach Fuzz”, on a ruffled blouse.

The long and cold days of winter are coming to an end as the weather has started transitioning into the long awaited spring months. So many new spring trends are starting to pop up, both in school and out. With some warmer weather on the horizon, brighter colors and looser silhouettes are being seen on models at fashion week and within the school’s  halls.

Following the announcement of color of the year, which was ‘Peach Fuzz‘, according to Pantone, there has been a tremendous increase in pastel earth tones like beige, orange, green, and brown. Though these aren’t “traditional” spring colors, influences of 60s and 70s boho fashion seems to play a big part in the spring trends. Alongside these boho inspired colors, some boho inspired clothing items are also back in style such as maxi skirts that are both in lighter fabrics and denim, as well as chiffon ruffles.

As seen in the newest collection from Chloé, these long styled skirts made out of denim with studs at the waist or made from silk with ruffles all around it, they are being seen everywhere with the warmer weather coming. This trend is consequently very popular at school as it combines the perfect balance of style and being appropriate for school. 

The brand, For Love and Lemons debuted their spring collection two weeks ago and it can already be seen on many CHS students. Floral satin skirts and baby pink cardigans has been seen all throughout the school as the warm weather has been more frequent.

Another trend that still seems to be going strong into spring is “ballet-core”. Hints of pastel pink, bows, and comfy pieces are being seen everywhere this spring. Ballet-core was popular  throughout the end of last year, and boomed in popularity during the holiday season. Though it seemed to reach its peak, it’s coming back full force for this spring and offers a plethora of more “girly” themes throughout.

Finally, with spring time comes beach weather which calls for new swimsuits and styles. There are so many bikini brands on the market, but some of the most popular amongst CHS students Triangl, BillaBong, and Roxy. Alongside bathing suits, beach styles are making their way into coverups and after beach dresses. Baby doll style mini dresses are popular once again, as they are the perfect item to throw on after a long day at the beach.

The spring fashion trends this year may be unconventional, but there is such an eclectic mix there that completes a look for just about  everyone. Fashion is all about inclusivity and providing options for all kinds of different fashion tastes and styles and whenever a seasons trends allows for freedom of expression, that’s a good sign. 

For more spring fashion inspo, check out the Falcon Press Pinterest: https://pin.it/1rorVcHrW