Wingspan inspires creative writing

WINGSPAN SELLS FOUR leaf clover grams at lunch.

Taegen Kim

For students not familiar with the school’s Wingspan literary magazine, here is some necessary information.

Wingspan is an after school club where members share and express creative writing ideas, as well as try to encourage and promote and encourage students to submit unique literary and artistic submissions. Toward the end of the school year, the submissions are compiled and organized into an online literary magazine.

English teacher Ashley Meyer has sponsored Wingspan for two years and is looking to make the magazine more popular and accessible to students, staff, and parents.

Joining this club gives students the opportunity to share writing that has a personal meaning and the chance to interact with students who have the same interests.

Wingspan, as a literary magazine, gives students that are good at creative writing a chance to write poetry, short stories, or art,” Meyer said.

Junior Chris O’Brien has been a member of the Wingspan staff for a year and enjoys the time he spends with the club.

Wingspan provides an opportunity to display creative writing and bond with like-minded people,” O’Brien said.

WINGSPAN MEMBERS ENCOURAGE students to submit unique literary and artistic submissions.