• February 20Leadership Workshop will begin Friday, March 22 - Sunday, March 24, at Silver Beach on the Eastern Shore.
  • February 20Spring sports tryouts will begin on Tuesday, Feb. 20, after school and continue through Friday, Feb. 23. Check with coaches for more details.
  • February 20The annual Falcon Forum conference will take place the week of March 18- March 22.
  • February 19Congratulations to Falcon wrestling for their 5A state championship win last weekend.

Valentine’s Day/February fashion trends flood the halls

Valentine’s Day is one of the most profitable holidays in the United States, but that doesn’t just come from all the greeting cards and heart-shaped boxes of chocolate. Fashion has, and most likely will always, play a massive role in the love-filled holiday, as going out to dinner or going on a nice date is one of the most common activities.

We saw a plethora of bows, ruffles, and lace this past holiday season, but those trends didn’t die with 2023. All three of these accessories are being seen on every kind of garment imaginable: skirts, shirts, purses, dresses, and even shoes. It mixes light femininity and utility, as bows, ruffles, and lace are not traditionally viewed as casual or practical.

“The Coquette trend is perfect for Valentine’s Day because it incorporates dainty, playful, and romantic details into everyday style. Some examples are bows, ruffles, Mary Jane shoes, and florals,” Advanced Fashion Marketing teacher Jade Bolling said.

When it comes to outfits and ideas for this Valentine’s Day, there are plenty of options and trends to choose from. Short loose dresses with flowers or lace have been seen trending for the holidays and even for prom and homecoming dresses. Skirts and dresses in any shade of pink or red have also been very popular this ‘lovebird’ season; as these colors are a classic staple around this time of year.

As for more casual wear, pajamas printed with hearts or cherries have been seen on social media and amongst some students at CHS. Brands like SKIMS or Ebberjay have been skyrocketing in popularity after they announced their Valentine’s Day collections last week.

Valentine’s Day will be filled with lots of girly accessories and lots of pink and red. One of the most popular prints we can see starting to trend this year is the cherry print. You can always expect to see heart prints, but this year cherry prints are starting to rise up. For accessories expect to see a lot of dainty jewelry pieces, both silver and gold, and once again a lot of bow motifs.

For more inspo, check out the Falcon Press Pinterest: https://pin.it/VsBnjFSjP