• February 20Leadership Workshop will begin Friday, March 22 - Sunday, March 24, at Silver Beach on the Eastern Shore.
  • February 20Spring sports tryouts will begin on Tuesday, Feb. 20, after school and continue through Friday, Feb. 23. Check with coaches for more details.
  • February 20The annual Falcon Forum conference will take place the week of March 18- March 22.
  • February 19Congratulations to Falcon wrestling for their 5A state championship win last weekend.

Thanksgiving history intended to show gratitude

Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrating family and foods that people are thankful for in their lives. Some enjoy delicious foods such as turkey, stuffing, mac & cheese, and mashed potatoes. For others, the time spent with family is the most enjoyable part of this holiday.  

According to Britannica, the history of this holiday began in Plymouth in 1621 when the English colonists shared a feast with the Wampanoag people. Most modern family dinners held during Thanksgiving are based on the Feast in 1621. 

Many students around the school were interviewed and asked what their favorite part of Thanksgiving is.

According to senior Max Landers, the best parts of Thanksgiving are the three f’s: friends, family, and food.