´Fashion in Film´ showcases iconic movie styles

This year’s theme for the school’s annual fashion show is “Fashion in Film: Style on the Silver Screen,” put on by Advanced Fashion students who decided this year to showcase styles based off of fashion trends inspired by iconic movies including: Clueless, The Devil Wears Prada, The Great Gatsby, Sex and the City, Breakfast at Tiffany’s and The Breakfast Club

The show will feature Fashion Marketing students as they sashay and dance down the runway to classic hits from the year 2000 to the present day. The show will also feature special appearances by the annual SCA sponsored “Mr. Cox” contestants and few of the favorite and “hip” faculty members, who will also strut their stuff.

Students and faculty will model clothes from local stores and boutiques including: WRV, the Bahama Shop, Blush, Teal Eagle, Mainstream Boutique, Online Formals, Men’s Wearhouse, Old Navy, and Dillard’s department store.

“The students have been working really hard to make this show a success and we are excited to partner with these stores to show the newest styles for spring, as well as some of the more iconic styles from the past 20 years,” Fashion Marketing teacher Mrs. Bolling said.

Senior Advanced Fashion students Rhyan Moran and Megan Piston are directing “Fashion in Film”, working fervently to gather students and teachers for fittings, rehearsals and the show stopping performances that come along with the event.

“It has been the most amazing experience directing the fashion show. I love working with these people and Im so thankful for this opportunity,” Piston said.