Noble Teens present annual toy drive

Anyone who takes a glance around the school will see the colorful donation boxes, strategically placed in various hallways, as part of the annual Noble Teens Toy Drive which takes place from Monday, December 2 to Thursday, December 19. 

The Noble Teens service-club, a sub-organization of the Noblemen of Hampton Roads, allows students to take part in philanthropic events in their school and community in effort to give back to those in need. The school’s organization uses the holidays as a time to reach out and help those in need within our community.

The club has partnered with various teachers, the National Honor Society and the Science National Honor Society to unite the student body in efforts to collect new, unwrapped toys, so all children can wake up to a gift. The Noblemen’s hope is to donate over 7,000 toys this holiday season.

President and senior Matt Kanter spent hours preparing boxes, advertising and working with the Noblemen and other students to make sure the event goes off without a hitch and that the “toy goal” is reached.

“The event has been a success in past years and I have high hopes that this trend will continue this year. I can’t wait to see how many toys we end up collecting,” Kanter said.

Noble Teens sponsor and AP European History teacher Mr. Horowitz took over the school’s organization three years ago when long time sponsor, Mr. Girard, retired. Girard and the Noble Teens were always successful in collecting toys in the past and Horowitz knew he had big shoes to fill, but has been instrumental in keeping up the momentum and spirit to donate.

“I’ve gathered as much faculty, staff and student support for the drive as possible and I can only hope that this year’s drive is as successful as in year’s past,” Horowitz said.