Leadership Workshop, 51 years strong

Leadership Workshop is a school-wide workshop open to all underclassmen and put together by 25 upperclassmen. The workshop itself has taken place since 1967, in effort to teach underclassmen, the future leaders of the school, necessary leadership skills.  Furthermore, Leadership Workshop is now implemented in every Virginia Beach High School, multiple middle and elementary schools, and there is even a city-wide workshop where high school students from all over the city attend.

The year’s workshop was held last weekend at Triple R. Ranch in Chesapeake, Virginia, where delegates preformed skits, took part in team building activities, and listened to motivational speakers.

Overall, the main goal of Leadership Workshop is to teach underclassmen leadership skills that they can bring back and use at school, in their community, at home, or anywhere else they see fit. The staff hopes these skills will allow students to become better leaders and continue the school’s exemplary legacy.

“It’s important to have leaders within our world and a lot of kids don’t know how to be a leader. This is a great way for them to learn the basics, open up, learn a lot, and become leaders,” Leadership Workshop Director Ben Darnell said.