VTfT2: Virginia Beach fit fun run

Staff
VTfT students show their school spirit at Linkhorn Elementary School.

Performing skits, dances, and cheers, the school’s Step Team, cheerleaders, and Virginia Teachers for Tomorrow (VTfT) II class is working to make this year’s Virginia Beach Fit Fun Run the best one yet.

Linkhorn Elementary school principal Mrs. Sessoms sought out VTFT teacher, Mrs. Nardelli, this summer to ask if the VTFT students would organize the program. VTfT students then planned throughout the month of October to help Linkhorn Elementary schoolers organize the Virginia Beach Fit Fun Run.

The program was created to demonstrate fun in fitness and to emphasize team work. The event is scheduled during the first week of November on the Linkhorn Elementary School field.

To kick off the week, the VTfT II class will host a pep rally with participation from the step team and cheerleaders, with the intention to energize the Linkhorn Elementary students. The rest of the week will include events centered around team work. To conclude the week, there will be a 1 mile fun run for Linkhorn parents and students to raise money for the school.

As a former Linkhorn Elementary School student and current VTFT 2 student, senior Sarah Baust is excited to participate.

“It’s going to be a great feeling to be back where I went to elementary school and to act as a leader for the kids,” Baust said.