• June 6Seniors: mandatory grad practice at 10:35 a.m. at the VBCC on Monday, June10.
  • June 5Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue into post-season play.
  • June 5Seniors: mandatory graduation meeting held at the school on Tuesday, June 11, at noon.
  • May 29Graduation will take place on June 14, at 1 p.m., at the Virginia Beach Convention Center.
  • April 9Monday, April 15, is a staff day; no school for students.
  • April 8Good Luck to all spring sports teams as they continue regular season play.
  • February 20Leadership Workshop will begin Friday, March 22 - Sunday, March 24, at Silver Beach on the Eastern Shore.
  • February 20The annual Falcon Forum conference will take place the week of March 18- March 22.
  • November 29Orchestra's winter concert will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 19, featuring a guest artist from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
  • November 29Underclass course/elective selection: come to the gym during One Lunch during the week of Monday, Dec. 11- Friday, Dec. 15.

Thespians prepare for inductions; “Plebe Day”

CHS prepared upcoming International Theatre Honors Society students for their induction day on Tuesday, May 21, after they completed a tradition known as “Plebe Day”, which took place on  Saturday, May 11.

The annual event in one in which already existing thespians, or Theatre Honors Society members, help ease incoming thespians into the honor society. As the day begins, plebe students convene in the auditorium and are sent on scavenger hunts throughout the school building to find their “plebe parents,” rather thespians from previous years and mentors for these new inductees.

“Plebe Day” is a day full of fun games to celebrate becoming a thespian and figure out your plebe family,” senior Thespian Billy Westra said.

Once the incoming inductees search high and low to find their mentors, the students are adorned with pre-designed sashes that display the CHS Thespian troupe number, “Plebe 1424,” along with any other design of their choosing that is represents them.

At the conclusion of “Plebe Day”, upcoming thespians and soon to be new inductees spend time using their limitless imaginations to create projects that explain what the International Thespian Society motto,  Alexander Pope’s quote, “Act well your part; there all the honor lies”, means to them personally. These projects not only inspire creativity, but become a sentimental token that each “plebe” will carry with them through the years.

According to sophomore and future inductee Alana Tanielu, it was a fun experience and definitely prepared the inductees for induction day.