CHS Orchestra attends OrlandoFest, bring home high accolades

CHS Orchestra teacher and director Mr. Fields and his students attended OrlandoFest on their Florida trip last weekend, earning both the esteemed First Place Orchestra Award, as well as the prestigious Grand Champion Award and Superior ratings.

According to OrlandoFest website, the event includes weekly competitions in the spring, where performing arts students from around the country compete against other schools for accolades.

The Festival is open to both competitive and non-competitive bands, orchestras, choirs, and dance groups. Each group had the opportunity to perform in front of nationally renowned adjudicators in a state-of-the-art performing arts center, and receive a “positive, educationally-sound on-stage clinic.” The event ended with the OrlandoFest Awards Ceremony, and then optional admission to the Universal Orlando Resort™.

The Falcon Orchestra was tasked with performing for a panel of three adjudicators and was then able to receive an on-stage clinic with one of the adjudicators.

According to Fields, both achievements served as a “testament” to the hard work, commitment, and talent of his Orchestra students.

In addition to both awards, all three judges noted that the CHS Orchestra was among the top one percent of orchestras they had the pleasure of both hearing and working with.

“I am thrilled to share that our students excelled beyond expectations during the trips,” Fields said. ” Not only did they showcase exceptional talent and dedication, but they also achieved remarkable success at the event.”