• June 6Seniors: mandatory grad practice at 10:35 a.m. at the VBCC on Monday, June10.
  • June 5Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue into post-season play.
  • June 5Seniors: mandatory graduation meeting held at the school on Tuesday, June 11, at noon.
  • May 29Graduation will take place on June 14, at 1 p.m., at the Virginia Beach Convention Center.
  • April 9Monday, April 15, is a staff day; no school for students.
  • April 8Good Luck to all spring sports teams as they continue regular season play.
  • February 20Leadership Workshop will begin Friday, March 22 - Sunday, March 24, at Silver Beach on the Eastern Shore.
  • February 20The annual Falcon Forum conference will take place the week of March 18- March 22.
  • November 29Orchestra's winter concert will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 19, featuring a guest artist from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
  • November 29Underclass course/elective selection: come to the gym during One Lunch during the week of Monday, Dec. 11- Friday, Dec. 15.

Leadership Workshop students experience Camp Silver Beach

The first Leadership Workshop was held in 1967 at Pocahontas State Park. Since then, it has become one of the most beloved events by both students and staff. This year, the workshop was sponsored by Mr. Homesly and Mrs. Nardelli and directed by seniors Rachel Holroyd and Michael Barreiro.  The event itself was held at Camp Silver Beach on the Eastern Shore.

“Leadership Workshop is one of the most rewarding things you’ll experience in your high school career. It is one of those things you get to experience when you’re an underclassman and truly give back when you’re an upperclassman, and I will forever be grateful I got to experience it,”  senior counselor Will Slevin said.

The weekend’s events are the culmination of endless months of hard work behind the scenes. The workshop staff applies and is chosen in early November, then uses the following four months to develop ideas and organize activities for the long weekend. Ultimately, the staff’s mission is to help underclassmen build leadership skills and, most importantly, make connections with their peers outside of the classroom. While demonstrating a leader’s best skills and qualities, games and fun activities are interspersed throughout Leadership Workshop.

Workshop staff is comprised of experienced upperclassmen, who impart their knowledge and pass the torch to the younger students involved. This year was no different and as seniors now prepare for graduation, they can take comfort in knowing that they have done all things possible to keep the Leadership Workshop ‘tradition’ alive.