• April 26Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue their seasons.
  • April 25Seniors: graduation necessities will be delivered to school, or order through jostens.com.
  • April 20Congrats to Orchestra students who earned accolades in Orlando; 1st place Orchestra award and weekend Grand Champion.
  • April 16Spring spirit week and the spring pep rally will be held the week of April 22.

Leadership Workshop students experience Camp Silver Beach

The first Leadership Workshop was held in 1967 at Pocahontas State Park. Since then, it has become one of the most beloved events by both students and staff. This year, the workshop was sponsored by Mr. Homesly and Mrs. Nardelli and directed by seniors Rachel Holroyd and Michael Barreiro.  The event itself was held at Camp Silver Beach on the Eastern Shore.

“Leadership Workshop is one of the most rewarding things you’ll experience in your high school career. It is one of those things you get to experience when you’re an underclassman and truly give back when you’re an upperclassman, and I will forever be grateful I got to experience it,”  senior counselor Will Slevin said.

The weekend’s events are the culmination of endless months of hard work behind the scenes. The workshop staff applies and is chosen in early November, then uses the following four months to develop ideas and organize activities for the long weekend. Ultimately, the staff’s mission is to help underclassmen build leadership skills and, most importantly, make connections with their peers outside of the classroom. While demonstrating a leader’s best skills and qualities, games and fun activities are interspersed throughout Leadership Workshop.

Workshop staff is comprised of experienced upperclassmen, who impart their knowledge and pass the torch to the younger students involved. This year was no different and as seniors now prepare for graduation, they can take comfort in knowing that they have done all things possible to keep the Leadership Workshop ‘tradition’ alive.