• June 6Seniors: mandatory grad practice at 10:35 a.m. at the VBCC on Monday, June10.
  • June 5Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue into post-season play.
  • June 5Seniors: mandatory graduation meeting held at the school on Tuesday, June 11, at noon.
  • May 29Graduation will take place on June 14, at 1 p.m., at the Virginia Beach Convention Center.
  • April 9Monday, April 15, is a staff day; no school for students.
  • April 8Good Luck to all spring sports teams as they continue regular season play.
  • February 20Leadership Workshop will begin Friday, March 22 - Sunday, March 24, at Silver Beach on the Eastern Shore.
  • February 20The annual Falcon Forum conference will take place the week of March 18- March 22.
  • November 29Orchestra's winter concert will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 19, featuring a guest artist from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
  • November 29Underclass course/elective selection: come to the gym during One Lunch during the week of Monday, Dec. 11- Friday, Dec. 15.

Operation Smile students bring smiles, teacher love

CHS’s Operation Smile organization decided to “Spread the Love” throughout last week to generate smiles throughout the school.  In order to promote a feeling of love and overall happiness, members decided on a variety of fun options that would bring smiles to the faces of all involved. Each day there was a different activity to bring a smile to someone’s face.

On Tuesday, students signed up to pass out stickers to teachers and students walking into school. When the doors to the school opened, Operation Smile members stood at the openings and stuck the stickers onto student’s shirts.

Operation Smile connected with Beach Buddies club to create bracelets on Wednesday. Beach Buddies are children with special needs that include Down syndrome and Autism, who are paired with other students in the school to participate in activities such as field trips and after school events.

The Operation Smile executive board walked around the school Thursday to create a “love-themed” video where students expressed why they appreciate Operation Smile and all the organization does to promote cleft lip and cleft palate and fundraise.

On the last day, Friday, students wrapped appreciation notes around flowers and placed them on teacher’s car as a surprise when they left school for the day.

Overall, the week was a success for everyone who supported and showed up to make the event one to smile about.