Student groups celebrate staff for Teacher Appreciation Week

The annual National Teacher Appreciation Week allows students and administration to recognize teachers for all of their hard work throughout the year. With the help of several student organizations, such as the Student Cooperative Association (SCA), teachers were treated to snacks, lunches and other surprises throughout the week.

SCA chose the theme “Our Teachers are Out of this World” for this year’s celebration. Several student teams and clubs helped decorate the teacher’s lounge with extraterrestrial and space-themed decorations. Other groups volunteered to host breakfast or lunch for staff members. While the National Honor Society (NHS) chose to put together large bins of snacks for each department office.

“The last several years have been unimaginably stressful for teachers. We hope they felt loved and appreciated for all they have done for us this week,” junior SCA officer Aiden Clark said.

The week concluded with a food truck from a local restaurant favorite, Ynot Pizza. Teachers were able to enjoy two slices of free pizza for lunch and enjoy the warm weather during the One Lunch period and throughout the rest of the day.

The week overall is about celebrating teachers, but the time also allows teachers to recall the “good times” and reconnect with previous students which is why many ultimately chose the profession.

“The best thing about my job is making an impact on students inside and outside the classroom. This week, we hear stories about how we have made a difference and it just makes us feel so special,” SCA sponsor Mrs. Shumate said.