Q & A: Falcon’s new Homecoming king and queen speak out

HOMECOMING KING AND queen seniors Will Jutton and Jordan Parker-Ashe receive their crowns at the Homecoming Football game. After, they were crowned, the new king and queen took a victory lap around the track.

Spencer Davidson

A crisp breeze blew across the field as the newly crowned royalty flaunted an extravagant wardrobe.  High powered convertible cars delivered the students to the entirety of the football audience.  The students on the Homecoming court were showered with cheers and applause from students and parents alike.

Soon enough, each was escorted by a parent and presented for crowning at the 50-yard line.  Two young children held the ceremonious crowns that the newest Falcon king and queen would wear. Class of 2020 seniors on the court held their breath as the man behind the PA system announced the ballot winners.  This year’s Homecoming king and queen were announced as Will Jutton and Jordan Parker-Ashe [respectively].

Homecoming King senior Will Jutton:

Q: When you were announced as homecoming king, what thoughts went through your mind?

A: “I was pretty excited and I was wondering what would be next and how should I present myself as king”.

Q: What do you think separated you from the rest of the court?

A: “I honestly don’t know….I guess democracy just decided that I would get it.”

Q: For those who don’t know you, what are some things you do outside of high school?

A: “Well I am a member of the Boy Scouts of America and I’m actually an Eagle Scout.”

Q: I understand that you’re an Eagle Scout.  How has your involvement with the scouts shaped your life?

A: “It has allowed me to have a more positive outlook on life and it helps me think before I act.”

Q: What are your plans for life after high school?

A: “I plan on going to a four year school and either attaining a business or engineering degree and hopefully be successful.”

Homecoming Queen senior Jordan Parker-Ashe:

Q: When you were announced as homecoming Queen, what thoughts went through your mind?

A: “Mostly disbelief.  I was in shock.  It was such a crazy experience just to be on court and when they announced me I was just over the moon.  I turned to my Mom and said, “Oh my gosh! How did they pick me? How did I win?” It was really an amazing experience.”

A: “I am president of the Care By Community organization.  It is really one of my favorite things to do.  Other than that I’ve been doing Cross country and track for four years, I’m actually the captain of that.  For fun I love to run, read books, paint, and star gaze with my telescope.”

Q: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

A: “I honestly have no idea.  Probably pursuing either a masters of Ph.D. degree, but that all depends on what I choose to do.  I don’t know what I want to do but maybe I’ll be in medicine, nuclear engineering, or like Astro-physics.  Maybe even work for NASA.”

Q: I understand you have ambitions to become an astronaut someday.  What inspired you to seek this path?

A: “When I was eight my Dad bought me a toy telescope and we went outside and we looked for the “Green man on the moon”, but we got a really nice shot of the moon.  Ever since then I love the night sky.  When I was younger I would stay up at night to watch the launches.  They would only launch things at four in the morning.  I remember watching the curiosity rover be launched.”

Q: What are your plans for after high school?

A: “Definitely going to college.  I don’t know where yet but I have applied to the University of Virginia, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Yale University.”