Spring Break comes to an end

• JUNIOR ASHLEY MCGRATH snaps a picture of the pristine beaches on the coast of Florida. The view from her hotel was breathtaking.

• JUNIOR ALEX PEREZ visits the big city and poses for a picture in Times Square. Perez spent her break touring colleges up north.

Alex Perez

• SENIORS ANNA MASON and Gianna Cardone stop to enjoy the sunset in Hilton Head, NC. The girls spent their vacation together relaxing by the beach and pool.

• JUNIOR JORDAN PARKER-ASHE stops for a picture along her hike in Volcán Poás National Park in Costa Rica. The tropical destination was full of great views and warm weather.

Jordan Parker-Ashe

• SENIORS KATIE BRUNS, Sara Dixon, Maddie Butkovich, Cayla Katz, Anna Mason, Madison Herron, and Ashley Brunick pose for a picture on the last school day before spring break. The girls showed off their college shirts that represented where they will be attending in the Fall.

• SENIOR ABBY VALENTIN smiles in front of Island Perk Coffee shop in Manteo, NC. She spent her break with friends at the coastal town.

Abby Valentin

• SENIOR MICHAELLA LYNCH visits Jockey's Ridge State Park in North Carolina over break. The park has been known for it's sandy, desert-like hills.

Michaella Lynch

• COX STUDENTS ON the ECVC travel volleyball team visit Philadelphia, PA over break for a tournament. Cox students along with other VBCPS students are members on the team.

• JUNIOR EMMA LANDIS climbs a sculpture in Philadelphia, PA. She stopped for a picture on the industrial piece of art.

Emma Landis

• SENIOR MARINA PHAM visits Universal studios during her time off. The Hogwarts School is a major attraction for many tourists in Orlando, FL.

This year’s Spring Break began on Friday, April 12 – Monday, April 22 and students used the week for vacation time, to relax and recharge. Whether students stayed at home or visited a tropical destination, the week was an all around success.

Junior Ashley McGrath visited Sarasota, FL to visit family and soak up some sun.

“It was nice to get away and have time to relax. I was able to take a break from the stress of school, so I could be better prepared for exams when I came back,” McGrath said.

Students took their much anticipated “vacay” time to visit different cities, states, and even countries. The 10 days offered much needed downtime to students and staff, alike.