• November 16A French Club meeting will be held Monday, Nov 26, during the second half of one lunch.

• November 16The football team faces Ocean Lakes at the Sportsplex tonight at 7 p.m. for regional semi-finals.

• November 16Attention seniors: please confirm yearbook picture by Tuesday, Nov 20, in room 233 during one lunch. .

• November 16Girls Volleyball heads to William & Mary today to take on Chantilly HS in the state championship.

Filed under Student Life

Editors choice: top 10 classic Halloween movies

Halloween… Just hearing the word can give a person the chills.

So, as the darkness creeps in on the scariest night of the year, grab some popcorn, find a few friends, pick one of most frightening movies from the editors’ list below, sit down and enjoy.

Scariest movies to watch on Halloween night countdown:

10) Scream (1996) directed by Wes Craven- A masked man stalks high school kids, keeping his knife close by.

9) Saw (2004) directed by James Wan- A doctor and a photographer are trapped and chained in a bathroom being held captive by ” Jigsaw. ”

8) Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) directed by Tobe Hooper- After hearing her grandfather’s grave may have been messed with, Sally and her brother set out to see.  They discover a couple of crazy, killing outcasts and the children struggle to try to escape the group of maniacs.

7) Blair Witch Project (1999) directed by Eduardo Sanchez and Daniel Myrick- Three film students travel to the woods in a small town to collect documentary footage about the Blair Witch who is known to be a local murderer.  The project takes place over a couple days with the support of the townspeople until events begin to go wrong.

6) Children of the Corn (1984) directed by Fritz Kiersch- After discovering a body on the side of the road, a doctor and his girlfriend visit a town full of children who want them to convert to their demonic mindset.

5) Silence of the Lambs (1991) directed by Jonathan Demme- An F.B.I academy student is pressured in to interviewing an incarcerated psychopath in order to further develop a case he is investigating.

4) IT (1990) directed by Tommy Lee Wallace- Seven outcast children in a small town in Maine face their worst nightmare and band together to overcome the bloodthirsty clown, Pennywise.

3) Friday the 13th (1980) directed by Sean S. Cunningham- The Crystal Lake is known to be superstitious, but the counselors still run the summer camp.  They struggle to stay alive while being tortured and find themselves stalked by a killer.

2) A Nightmare on Elm Street (1994) directed by Wes Craven- Freddy Krueger haunts children in their dreams which makes them commit suicide in reality.

1) The Shining (1980) directed by Stanley Kubrick- Jack Torrance begins taking care of the lonely Overlook Hotel in Colorado and settles in with his family.  Danny, his son, has psychic premonitions and his visions become worse overtime.  Jack discovers the hotel’s dark secrets and the lunatic terrorizing the hotel and his family.

About the Writer
Bailey Deaver, Sports Editor

Junior Journalism II student