“Honorable” societies

FRENCH HONOR SOCIETY sponsor Madam Beckner works with a member of the honor society.

Staff

Joining a Language Honor Society is a great way to further explore language and become more involved in school. By joining an Honor Society, students receive recognition for their strong work ethics. Also, being part of an Honor Society shows that students are skilled learners who work hard to maintain good grades.

“First, being a member is an honor– plain and simple. Students get recognized at graduation by the chords they wear specifying their honor society,” German Honor Society sponsor Larry Becker said.

In addition, Honor Societies have countless benefits.

“The upside is that we get to recognize the students for doing something good. It certainly builds a resume and makes students a competitor for competitive colleges. It also makes for a good package for joining National Honor Society,” French Honor Society sponsor Madame Beckner, French Honor Society said.

Joining an Honor Society can also be beneficial to grades

“Spanish Honor Society has a regular tutoring program every Monday, where the members of the Honors Society tutor lower level students who are having trouble,” Beckner said.

All in all, Honor Societies are great ways for students to receive recognition for their hard work, as well as benefit from the many advantages offered by the societies.