GSART seniors prepare for final presentations

Courtesy of Atticus Lewis
SENIOR ATTICUS LEWIS finishes his artwork for his final presentation for the Governors School for the Arts(GSARTS). Lewis decided to base his project off of Mary Shelley’s 1818 novel, Frankenstein, in which he created Frankenstein’s son.
Throughout April and May, four CHS Governors Schools for the Arts (GSARTS) seniors will perform their final presentations.
According to GSARTS.org, the organization itself is a center for innovation that emphasizes artistic qualities such as excellence and creativity, and artistic vision.
Seniors will be recognized over the next month for their accomplishments and efforts throughout their four years in GSARTS.
Three Orchestra students will be recognized:
Ashlyn Jackson
Zoe Leo
Elias Shapero
Additionally, art student Atticus Lewis was acknowledged.

Lewis based his presentation off of Mary Shelley’s 1818 novel, Frankenstein, where he created his version of Frankenstein’s son. Reflecting on his four years at both the school and GSARTS, Lewis recognized his teachers who pushed him to grow.

“. . .  In my pieces, I aim to capture his humanity, Lewis said. “To be honest, I could not be more proud of my growth at both CHS and GSA.”

He showcased his exhibit during a special showing at Anderson-Wright Rooms and Gardens in Portsmouth, Virginia on Friday, April 19.
Lewis plans on attending William and Mary with a full art scholarship in the fall.