Humans of Cox: December 2023 Edition

Sage Hays
SENIOR SAM BRAIDWOOD prepares for kick-off in an away football game during the fall season. Braidwood is looking to continue as a kicker and perfect his craft.

“My Name is Sam Braidwood and I am very passionate about kicking in American football. It is something that I am newly passionate about, and can’t wait to see where it takes me. The best thing about kicking is that it’s something new for me to become better. It is an art that is completely up to you, and different with everybody. The way you kick the ball is personalized to yourself, and I think that’s one of my favorite things about it. Kicking to me is more of an art rather than just a simple, “kick the ball in between the uprights.” Although at the end of the day, that’s the main objective and every kicker should have that idea in mind. However, the fun in kicking is practicing three times a week, mostly kicking three times a week by yourself on a field. Some of my favorite memories from when I first started kicking was when my dad and I would go out to First Colonial’s field and bond over kicking. I know that some of the little tips and tricks he showed me made me a better kicker. I believe that I will become better in the future because I am so committed and I’m not just kicking just because it´s something I love to do and wish I could do all of the time. It means more and I care about what I’m doing. I can’t wait to see where my future in kicking takes me, and I can’t wait to see all of the hard work pay off for me in the long run.”

~senior Sam Braidwood