• April 26Good luck to spring sports athletes as they continue their seasons.
  • April 25Seniors: graduation necessities will be delivered to school, or order through jostens.com.
  • April 20Congrats to Orchestra students who earned accolades in Orlando; 1st place Orchestra award and weekend Grand Champion.
  • April 16Spring spirit week and the spring pep rally will be held the week of April 22.

New year brings new “hidden” yearbook theme

YEARBOOK STAFFERS DEVELOP and design layouts for this year’s yearbook during a recent meeting. Editors are currently working on winter spreads which mainly comprises winter sports. (Piper Aman)

Per usual, at the beginning of a new year,  the school’s yearbook club begins to develop and design a theme that seems relevant to each ‘Class’ of students. Much like last year’s yearbook theme, “Letter to the Falcons”, that was kept hidden until June, staffers again have chosen to keep the theme “hidden” for another reveal at the end of the school year.

Math teacher and Yearbook sponsor Nicole Fratrick is now in her second year and has began to reprise her role as a more seasoned sponsor, bringing the knowledge she gained during her first year into the mix, taking on the job full force. While she has always been detail oriented, she will be able to guide her staff in a clearer direction throughout the year without so much stress on meeting deadlines.

“We’ve been releasing a few hints already [and] we’ll keep giving a few more clues,” Fratrick said. “I think it may not be until we hand out yearbooks though until the curtains are fully opened.”

Last year’s yearbook was a smash hit as most of the books were scooped up quickly by students and staff. Probably the most unique twist included in the “Letters” yearbook was that it included  “letters” from teachers and staff to not only students, but from teacher to teacher, giving everyone a much needed boost in morale.

According to yearbook club member junior River Aman, this year’s theme is pretty exciting and she cannot wait until the finished product at the end of the year and  is hopeful that this theme is also well-received.