Key Club, Red Cross sponsor annual blood drive

CHS’s Key Club, in conjunction with the Red Cross, hosted a blood drive this week in order to contribute to the lives of those who will benefit from a blood donations.  The event saw an overwhelming response from students, staff, and even parents. And after the preliminary results came in, the school was able to collect 57 units of blood that at some point in time will be crucial to saving a life.

The blood collected during the drive will go to local hospitals and shows the commitment to making a positive impact in our community.

“This incredible achievement would not have been possible without everyone’s unwavering support, whether it was through time, allowing students to volunteer, or for those who generously donated their literal lifeblood, ” Key Club sponsor Maria Faircloth said. ” Thank you once again for embodying the spirit of generosity and compassion and we are all truly grateful for the collective effort that made this event a success.”

The Red Cross Blood Drive is held annually and certainly makes an impact for those in need.