Falcon food fanatics visit student favorite, Panera

When one walks into Panera Bread, better known as Panera, the smell of freshly baked bread and pastries immediately floods the senses. A display of delicious menu items create instant anticipation as patrons wait anxiously for their food.

Panera is known for its casual bakery-cafe concept and offers a variety of sandwiches, soups, salads, and baked goods.  Panera is open 6 a.m.- 9 p.m. seven days a week, and is located at Hilltop on First Colonial Rd.

Customers often appreciate the freshness and quality of ingredients in their menu items. Considering there is an in-store bakery, there are no doubts about the quality and taste of baked goods. Popular choices include bagels and baguettes, which coincide well with the many soups and sandwiches available. 

Panera offers many possibilities for customization, in case a regular menu item doesn’t suit your palate. It is important to note that customization applies to all salads, soups, and sandwiches and does not add cost to your bill. 

Not only does this restaurant offer a great selection of food, but Panera also offers an environment for studying. Many students here connect with their peers and use Panera as a work environment. The dull lighting and quiet atmosphere is ideal for focus and activity. 

Some may find Panera to be on the pricier side for casual dining, which is why they offer many rewards and benefits. With a simple download of the Panera app you instantly collect points which can be used for free meals and drinks. As of late, Panera is offering two months of free beverages for zero cost. Every student should take advantage of this steal.

I would most definitely recommend this restaurant to a family member or friend even if they did not ask. Panera offers great dining with a “homey” quiet atmosphere. I will go again as soon as I get the chance.