• February 20Leadership Workshop will begin Friday, March 22 - Sunday, March 24, at Silver Beach on the Eastern Shore.
  • February 20Spring sports tryouts will begin on Tuesday, Feb. 20, after school and continue through Friday, Feb. 23. Check with coaches for more details.
  • February 20The annual Falcon Forum conference will take place the week of March 18- March 22.
  • February 19Congratulations to Falcon wrestling for their 5A state championship win last weekend.

Senior stress levels prove higher, applications to college

According to College Data, thirty-seven percent of high school seniors surveyed said that applying to college was the most stressful thing about senior year.

Several Falcon seniors have expressed that applying to college or universities just for the college experience is stressful. In addition, some of these seniors also have to make the decision about whether or not to commit to playing a sport at their [respective] college or university of choice.

After speaking with a few seniors, including Sophia Lopez, Kate Hobbs, and Gerard Johnson, most have not started their college applications which is increasing their stress levels. Their procrastination is not helping.

“I feel like it depends if you set yourself up for failure or success during your freshman year,” Lopez said.

One of the seniors who has already committed to football will graduate in January and head straight to Virginia Tech where he will continue his academic and athletic career.

“I’ve been balancing being a student-athlete for a long time now,” Johnson said. “So far it’s all working out.”