Students share winter break plans

As the weather becomes colder and the festive season nears, a season that generally begins in December and ends at the beginning of each new year returns once again. And with each new year, there are prayers and blessings all around us that bring hope and the promise of a ‘fruitful’ year.

Winter break also provides opportunities for students and their families to take a break from daily classes and the stressors of everyday life with opportunities to spend quality time with the people that matter to them. Celebrating holidays together such as Christmas, Hanukah, and Kwanzaa, as well as New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, provides the much-needed quality time that is often lost during our lives.  Falcons are no different and many already have plans for their upcoming break.

Some students, such as senior Destiny Bruce are looking forward to relaxing and simply spending time with family.

“I’m going to be spending time with my mom, which I don’t have the time to do every day.  We are just going to hang out and wrap presents,” Bruce said.

Many Falcons enjoy family time by spending the holidays out of town on a trip to the mountains, skiing, snowboarding, or getting some sun on an island. Braden Lyons and his family plan to hit the slopes for a bit of snowboarding and skiing.

“I’m excited to go snowboarding at Wintergreen during the winter break. I go every year with my family and am gone for about a week,” Lyon said.

Senior Mallory Fisher has plans after the holidays, during the week before New Year’s, to visit out-of-town family and friends.

“After Christmas, I’m going to visit some family in Charleston, South Carolina,” Fisher said.  “We go every year and it’s good to see people, especially close family, that I don’t see every day.”

Winter break begins with a half day on Thursday, December 22, and students return to school on Tuesday, January 3.
Have a safe and fun-filled, much-deserved break.