Seniors reflect on freshman year, advice to incoming freshman

As seniors dive into the final weeks as Falcons, they can take the time to reflect on their experience in high school. And, the saying “time flies when you are having fun” certainly applies to the feeling of anticipation as they look forward to graduation, tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 17. 

Several seniors including: John Bastaains, Taylor Kwaitkowski, Kayla Kwaitkowski, Natalie Jones, Taylor Dody, Savannah Gibson, Brooke Toner, Janet Paige, and Meredith Bugg were chosen as representatives of the senior class, to provide some ‘words of wisdom’ and first hand advice to future freshman Falcons and underclassmen.

Q: What is one thing you wish you could say to your freshman self?  

A: “One thing that I would tell my freshman self is to always work hard,” Bastiaans said.

A: “One thing I would tell my freshman self is to not stress too much about grades because one bad test grade is not going to affect your whole high school career, just sit back and enjoy high school more,” T. Kwaitkowski said.

A: “I would tell my freshman self to work really hard on my grades freshman through junior year,” Dody said.

A: “One thing would be don’t be scared to get involved and just be yourself,” Gibson said.

A: “I would tell my freshman self to enjoy all of high school because it goes by really fast, especially with the pandemic and everything,” K. Kwiatkowski said.

A: “One thing that I would tell my freshman self would be to get involved sooner because I feel like when I was a freshman I thought a lot of things weren’t cool because being a freshman is kind of scary. But, I wish I did leadership workshop my freshman year I wish I did a lot more clubs and SCA and got involved earlier on because it’s really fun and you should do it your whole high school career,” Toner said.

A: “I would tell my freshman year self that grades are super important and they really matter for college,” Paige said.

A: “I wish I could tell my freshman self to get extra help and not be afraid to ask questions,” Bugg said.